Links for free download
- 1679 downloads at 29 mb/s
- 1592 downloads at 15 mb/s
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Part 1/ IBM 1401 Processing Unit||8:32|
|2||Part 2/ IBM 1403 Printer||9:33|
|3||Part 3/ IBM 1402 Card Read-Punch||10:23|
|4||Part 4/ IBM 729 II Magnetic Tape Unit
Voice – Erna Ómarsdóttir
|5||Part 5/ The Sun's Gone Dim And The Sky's Turned Black
Lyrics By [Text Based On A Poem By] – Dorothy ParkerVoice – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – Barrandov Studios
- Art Direction, Design – Chris Bigg , Vaughan Oliver, v23
- Concertmaster – Bohumil Kotmel
- Conductor – Mario Klemens
- Contractor [Orchestra] – James Fitzpatrick
- Engineer [Mixing] – Finnur Hákonarsson*
- Engineer [Orchestra Recording Engineer] – Jan Holzner
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Nick Webb
- Orchestra – The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra*
- Orchestrated By – Arnar Bjarnason, Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Organ [Hammond B3], Piano, Keyboards [Celeste], Bells – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Photography – Chris Bigg
- Recorded By [Ibm 1401 Data Processing System] – Elías Davídsson, Jóhann Gunnarsson, Örn Kaldalóns
- Written-by [Musical Fragment Played By The Computer From The Hymn "island Ogrum Skorid"] – Sigvaldi Kaldalóns
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – Jóhann Jóhannsson
NotesComes in a four-panel digipak with a liner notes paper pasted inside.
The orchestra was recorded at Barrandov Studios, Smecky Soundstage in Prague in September 2005.
Additional recordings were made in Reykjavik, Skálholt, Florence, Madrid, Zurich, Piran and Rennes during the period 2003-2006.
Mixed in Syrland, Reykjavik in February 2006.
Mastered in Abbey Road.
Tracks two and three feature the voice of "an unknown instructor from an IBM 1401 Data Processing System maintenance instruction tape found in my father’s attic."
All electronic sounds were derived from the IBM 1401 Data Processing System and the Hammond B3 organ with Ring Modulator, Distortion and Filter pedals. The music and sounds of the IBM 1401 Data Processing System were recorded by Jóhann Gunnarsson, Örn Kaldalóns and Elías Davídsson in Reykjavik in 1971. The musical fragment played by the computer is from the hymn "Ísland Ögrum Skorid" by Sigvaldi Kaldalóns, used by kind permission.
Under license from 4AD
12 Tónar 2006
All rights reserved STEF n©b
Manufactured in the UK
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5024545445121
|CAD 2609 CD||Jóhann Jóhannsson||IBM 1401, A User's Manual (CD, Album)||4AD||CAD 2609 CD||UK||2006|
|DAD 2609||Jóhann Jóhannsson||IBM 1401, A User's Manual (2xLP, Album, Cle)||4AD||DAD 2609||UK||2017|
|CAD 2609CD||Jóhann Jóhannsson||IBM 1401 - A User's Manual (CD, Album, Promo)||4AD||CAD 2609CD||US||2006|
|none||Jóhann Jóhannsson||IBM 1401, A User's Manual (CDr, Album, Promo)||4AD||none||UK||2006|
|CAD 2609 CD||Jóhann Jóhannsson||IBM 1401, A User's Manual (CD, Album)||4AD||CAD 2609 CD||US||2006|